Sign Up to Team Dasher
Welcome to Reindeer Rush, the virtual challenge where teams come together to walk, run or cycle to achieve 1300miles to power their reindeer from Manchester to Lapland, all whilst raising money for childhood cancer research.
To join team Dasher, simply complete the form below and we will send you instructions on how to redeem your place and join your team over on GivePenny!
To ensure you receive your sign up email, please check your junk and spam folders.
Reindeer Rush usually costs £5 to enter. However, because you have been invited to join Reindeer Rush by one of our sponsors your entry fee is covered! Thanks Avient!
- Sign up to to team Dasher using the form above
- We’ll send you a fundraising pack with instructions on joining your team and setting up your fundraising page so you can start fundraising
- Link your fundraising page to a popular tracking app or track your miles manually. In a team of 15 you should aim to complete 86 miles before the run closes
- The distance you travel will be added to your team to boost your reindeer towards lapland
- Remember to encourage other people to sign up to your team – the more people in your team, the less miles you need to complete
- As a team complete the 1300 miles to lapland to get your reindeer across the finish line
- Sit back and rest in in the knowledge that Santa will be able to fly his sleigh this Christmas
- 1st November – Registration Opens
- 15th November – Registration Closes
- 6th December – Run Closes
- 13th December – Fundraising Closes
- 14th December – winners are announced
In a team of 15 you need to aim for 86 miles each, that can be made up by running, walking or cycling. But don’t worry if you feel you can’t reach that, remember you are playing as a team, so your strength may be fundraising where another member may storm through the miles in no time!
Yes, we ask that all participants aim to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship. But don’t worry there are plenty of ways you can gain donations, and with our helpful fundraising pack you will be on our way to the £100 in no time!
Don’t stop! Reindeer Rush is designed to help you keep fit and have a jolly time over the festive period. There are also prizes for the farthest travelled Reindeer and the individuals who travel the furthest, so keep racking up those miles!
You can link your fundraising page to a popular tracking app, or you can track you miles manually. However you choose to clock up the miles, we just ask that you choose to be honest and no shaking those pedometers! You don’t want to end up on Santa’s naughty list!
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
This year, children across the UK will spend Christmas in hospital fighting cancer. Of those who survive 60% will suffer side effects that last a lifetime, caused by the treatments used to save their lives.
From mobility issues to organ & bone problems, Kidscan are dedicated to eradicating these late-effects by finding safe new treatments that don’t cause lasting damage to children’s growing bodies. We believe every child diagnosed should be able to survive and thrive throughout adulthood.
We invest in some of the greatest minds in the country and the money you raise will go directly to helping them make amazing discoveries.